Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Holdiay Hiatus is Done!

I'm back, baby!

I've taken a break from the blog during the holidays, in large part because my two kids have been consuming all of my energy. Tomorrow my oldest goes back to school and we return to what we consider "normal."

I haven't been doing too much that is hobby-related lately. In part this is because of the kids and the disrupted schedule, and in part because my wife and I discovered the new Battlestar Galactica on Netflix and have been watching it like crazy every night after the kids go to bed. It has really eaten into my painting and building time.

Here's what's on the docket for the next few weeks:

1. Paint some microarmor for a Western Desert game between the British and Italians.
2. The Brigadista dragooned me into building a 15mm scale deck truss bridge for a Spanish Civil War game he is running at Little Wars next month. Actually, I'm excited to do it and I'm happy to help out with the game. Hopefully the model will turn out decently. Right now I'm in the design stage. I'll post photos as I get started.
3. Keep working on my 15mm KNIL for the Dutch East Indies.
4. Paint some 20mm moderns for my secret project. (I find myself loving 20mm for some reason. It is easier to paint than 15mm and just as quick. I wish more stuff was available in 20mm metal!)

That's enough for now. Happy New Year!

No comments: